February 27, 2012

2012 Mayo Graduate School Interviews

By Danielle Miranda

Well, it has been nearly 3 weeks since MGS hosted the 2nd interview weekend for July 2012 matriculation and I think it is about due time that I say a little something about interview weekends this year.

First, I want to say a huge thank you to the Deans (Dr. Jim Maher, Ph.D., Dr. Bruce Horazdovsky, Ph.D., and Kim Wolfgram Salz) as well as Rose Marie Taylor and the GSA for organizing and making the two interview weekends a huge success! Of course we could also not have done it without the participation of the entire graduate school faculty and students; so thanks to all!

This year, interviewing students were treated to the full Mayo experience complete with a visit to the grand Foundation House, a wonderful lecture by Dr. Richard Weinshilboum, M.D. the first weekend and Dr. Jan van Deursen, Ph.D. the second weekend, tours of core research facilities, and plenty of time with current students and faculty to learn about their research at Saturday’s poster session, social activity, and evening reception in the Gonda atrium.

I want to thank all the interviewing students who took the time out of their busy schedules at school or work to come see what MGS has to offer them for their graduate schooling in biomedical research. I think MGS was quite enamored with the caliber of students we interviewed this year, and while we would like to invite you all to join us at this fine institution, it simply cannot be done. I believe as I write this, quite a few students have already accepted an offer; however, the enrollment is far from over so do not be discouraged if you have not heard anything yet!

Looking forward to welcoming the new students in July 2012

Written by Mallory Turner, MGS Graduate Student Association President.

Tags: Uncategorized

Please sign in or register to post a reply.
Contact Us · Privacy Policy